As a result of COVID-19/coronavirus and mitigation strategies and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health, all The Catholic Cemeteries sites are open and we will continue to conduct burials. We will continue to suspend all programming, except for Fetal Burial services, until further notice.
Beginning November 1st, the Chapel Mausoleum will be closed to the public until further notice. Those who have keys may enter, but must wear masks, sanitize their hands upon entry, and maintain social distancing while inside the building. Bathrooms will remain closed. We will continue to sanitize the Mausoleum first thing in the morning prior to office hours.
The Chapel Mausoleum will be opened only for interments or inurnments.
After each of these burials, the mausoleum will be disinfected.
Direct contact from funerals have caused Covid numbers to rise 43% during the month of October. Because of these numbers and the degree of spread, we will return to our earlier protocols.
- Burials will continue at the gravesite, not to exceed 25 people.
- It is strongly recommended that those with underlying health conditions not attend.
- Individuals need to wear masks and observe a minimum of 6ft. for social distancing. This is to be observed by all attendees and staff.
- Even though our offices will not be open to the public, we will continue to take phone and email requests. All our offices will continue to be open to assist with the selection of burial spaces for at need situations or situations where a death is imminent. (Mon.-Fri. 8am-4:30pm)
- Preneed appointments may be scheduled with Family Service Counselors.
- Other business, including but not limited to, genealogy, grave location, decoration purchases etc. may be done online or by phone. The conditions in which we may operate are constantly changing, so please continue to check our website for updates.
The conditions in which we may operate are constantly changing, so please continue to check this page for updates.
We are happy to offer assistance with any questions. Contact us.